The Salmo & District Golf Club was started by a group of volunteers in 1946.
The original course was designed around the perimeter of a small airport and had sand greens and fairways trimmed by local volunteers until the 1970's when the formal club was formed into a non profit society.
The clubs members took on the challenge of building turf greens at this time and many of them are still being used today.
The club has operated under an elected board of directors since it's inception and remains a non profit society to this day. Although a clubhouse with full services and a professional greens superintendent with modern turf maintenance equipment are now part of the clubs operation it remains very much the same as when it was first created.
The goal of the club is to provide inexpensive golf for Salmo and the surrounding area and prides itself on keeping fees low so everyone can enjoy the beautiful game.